What personal information do we collect from people that visit our website?
When do we collect information?
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic email newsletters to which you have subscribed.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. Our website is scanned regularly to block malicious activity such as malware and exploits.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information (PII).
- Help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services, including Google Analytics and Cloudflare, that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
- If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with 30 days advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page (https://adssettings.google.com/). Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/) or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. sunsetonfraser.com does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
We are compliant with Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). Specifically with regards to Commercial Electronic Messages (CEMs) we:
- Only send CEMs to you with your implicit or explicit consent
- Show the physical address of our business or site headquarters in CEMs sent to you.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. Requests to unsubscribe will be processed within 10 business days.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree that we (and our contracted suppliers) will:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests within 10 business days.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will remove you from ALL correspondence within 10 business days.
South Hill (Fraser St) Business Association
DBA Sunset on Fraser Business Association
465 – 6362 Fraser Street
Vancouver, B.C. V5W 0A1
Last Updated on 2020-08-26